March 6th is the anniversary of the infamous Dred Scott v. Sandford Supreme Court decision, and in part to mark the event, TAH has partnered with the Missouri Humanities Council to hold a Seminar at the Missouri History Museum today – “Missouri Statehood, Dred Scott, and the Coming of the Civil War.” Although you can’t attend the program, you can access the free PDF reader from that second link, and access other materials related to Dred Scott below.
- Frederick Douglass, Speech on the Dred Scott Decision
- William Lloyd Garrison, Dred Scott and Disunion
- Abraham Lincoln, Speech on the Dred Scott Decision
- Abraham Lincoln, House Divided Speech
- Webinar – Great American Debates: Lincoln vs. Douglas
- Webinar – Landmark Supreme Court Cases: Dred Scott v. Sandford
- Webinar – American Controversies: Is the Constitution Pro-Slavery or Anti-Slavery?