Saturday Webinar: Did the New Deal End the Great Depression?
Youtube archive coming soon
The was the final episode in our “Enduring American Questions” webinar series, for Fall 2020, and focused on the New Deal, and various arguments on its effectiveness in ending – or perhaps instead extending – the Great Depression.
- Letter to Senator Simeon Fess, Herbert Hoover, 21 FEB 1933
- An Open Letter to President Roosevelt, John Maynard Keynes, 15 DEC 1933
- “Social Insurance for U.S.,” Frances Perkins, 25 FEB 1935
- Social Economics of the New Deal, Adolf A. Berle, Jr., 29 OCT 1933
- Dr. Chris Burkett, Ashland University
- Dr. Jennifer Keene, Chapman University
- Dr. John Moser, Ashland University