What did the American founding and Civil War look like to politicians and public intellectuals at the start of the 20th century?
- Du Bois, W.E.B. Du Bois: Writings—The Crisis
- James Weldon Johnson, “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” (1900)
- Lucas Morel, “Juneteenth” (June 19, 2001)
- Ralph Ellison, Juneteenth, chap. 7, [A “Juneteenth” Sermon]
- Ronald J. Pestritto, “Woodrow Wilson, American History, and the Advent of Progressivism”
- Ronald J. Pestritto, Woodrow Wilson: The Essential Political Writings