3 February 2018
The “13 Days” during which the world held its breath, fearing a nuclear exchange between the United States and Soviet Union, it is an event that is actually only dimly-understood. Explore the truth of the event that took the world arguably its closest to nuclear war through both American and declassified Soviet records, the latter of which only came to light in the 1990s.
- Memorandum for Discussion During the Cuban Missile Crisis, 17 October 1962
- Record of Meeting During the Cuban Missile Crisis, 19 October 1962
- Notes on Meeting with President Kennedy During the Cuban Missile Crisis, 21 October 1962
- Christopher Burkett, Ashland University
- John Moser, Ashland University
- Will Atto, University of Dallas