1 December 2018
The seven Lincoln-Douglas debates are, arguably, the most famous literal debates in American history, with the two men going into depth on subjects of both immediate and enduring importance in American politics and law.
- House Divided Speech, June 1858, Abraham Lincoln
- Homecoming Speech at Chicago, July 1858, Stephen A. Douglas
- The Lincoln-Douglas Debates: First Debate, 21 August 1858, Ottawa, IL
- Christopher Burkett, Ashland University
- Jason Stevens, Ashland University
- Lucas Morel, Washington and Lee University