Join TAH.org and the USS Midway Museum Institute for Teachers for our Seminar series on Essential Documents of American Freedom, beginning in the Fall semester of 2019. We will host four Seminars, from August through November, for teachers of American History, Government, Civics, or any teacher who uses American primary documents. These free seminars are each based around a collection of original sources, and are conducted as Socratic discussions, facilitated by a member of TAH.org’s graduate faculty. Lunch and a certificate for continuing education are provided, and most dates include a guided tour of the ship, while all include free access to the ship after the program concludes.
Registration is limited to 25 teachers for each program. All registrants will be provided with an electronic copy of the documents reader and program agenda, and will be sent paper copies of both a few weeks before the program date. All programs are on Fridays and run from 7:45am to about 2pm.
Click on the links below for a description of each program and registration information.
- 9 August: The Federalist Papers and the Debate Over the Constitution
- 6 September: The American Founding and the Electoral College
- 18 October: Congress and Relations with the Executive Branch
- 22 November: George Washington’s Farewell Address and His Impact on Foreign Policy
- 24 January 2020: FDR and World War II