Insights from History: Presidential Leadership in Times of Crisis
History can give us real insight into the problems that face America. In this webinar, we explored several good and bad examples of presidents in times of crisis, hoping to see the qualities and actions that distinguish presidential leadership at its best.
This special webinar took place on Wednesday, 1 April 2020, at 1pm Eastern Time. All attendees were emailed a certificate for continuing education a week after the live program aired, and all registrants were sent links to the archived program on our YouTube channel and through our podcast.
Suggested readings for this 60-minute program are below.
- George Washington/Richard Nixon – The Whiskey Rebellion and Watergate
- Proclamation on the Whisky Rebellion, George Washington, 7 AUG 1794
- Transcript of David Frost’s Interview with Richard Nixon, 1977
- James Buchanan/Abraham Lincoln – Slavery and Civil War
- Second Inaugural Address, Abraham Lincoln, 4 MAR 1865
- Franklin D. Roosevelt/George W. Bush – World War II and the War on Terror