Our Panelists, YOUR Questions
Each of our document-based webinars consists of a conversation about critical questions between two scholars and a moderator. The live audience participates by posing questions through a chat function.
The discussion is rooted in a set of primary documents published on this site in advance of each program.
While designed for secondary school social studies teachers, Webinars are open to students and the public as well. There is no cost to participate, and all participants who attend at least 60 minutes of a 75-minute program, or 45 minutes of a 60-minute program will receive a letter documenting their contact hours.
Webinars are held monthly during the school year (August through May). To access the live program in the WebEx Training Center classroom, participants will need a computer with speakers and a microphone, a broadband internet connection, and a current web browser. Archived are available through TAH.org’s YouTube channel, as well as through iTunes.
Points to Remember:
- Webinars are free and you can participate as much or as little as you’d like. The chat window is open throughout each program, and most of the questions for the scholars are drawn from the audience.
- Everyone who attends a live webinar will automatically receive a downloadable, printable certificate for 2 hours of time, which takes into consideration preparation time to read the documents and the program itself. This will arrive about a week after each program’s live air date.
- Currently there is no way to provide continuing education certificates for watching or listening to the archive of a program – you must be present for the live airing.
- Everyone who registers for a webinar – whether they attend or not – will receive a link to the archived video and audio for each program. This email will arrive about a week after the live air date.
- You are free to use the archived programs and their related documents in any way you’d like: with students, coworkers, or any way you think you could put them to good use.
The theme for Spring 2021 Saturday Webinars is “Remember the Ladies” – wherein we’ll look at five interesting women who helped shape their times.
Selected Saturdays at 11AM EST.
Each session is a discussion of a single document – its historical context, use of language, meaning and impact; a close-read of a core document. During the 2020-21 school year we will continue with more selections from the 50 Core American Documents.
Selected Wednesdays at 7PM EST.
All of our programs, with links to relevant documents and scholar biographies, are available through TAH.org’s YouTube channel and through our iTunes podcast.