Ashbrook and TeachingAmericanHistory presented another special webinar, this time about Operation OVERLORD, more widely known as D-Day, the invasion of Normandy, and the liberation of Europe that it led to. Dr. Jeff Sikkenga, Professor of Political Science at Ashland University and Executive Director of the Ashbrook Center, discussed the invasion and its place in WW2 and history with Dr. John Moser of Ashland University.
- Fuhrer Directive 51, Adolf Hitler, 3 November 1943
- Combined Chiefs of Staff Directive for Operation Overlord, 12 February 1944
- D-Day Statements, General Dwight Eisenhower, 6 June 1944
- Robert Edlin’s Account of D-Day
- Memo to Gen. George Marshall, Dwight Eisenhower, 6 June 1944
All participants will be sent a printable certificate for continuing education time.