Certificate in United States History
Discover the Rich Pageantry of American History
Become an expert in the people, places, events, and ideas of the American experience with Ashland’s Graduate Certificate in United States History. Designed for secondary school teachers, public policy professionals, legislative and executive staffers, museum or historical society curators, and others with a personal or professional interest in the history of the United States.
Improve your Teaching and your Professional Marketability
Who Should Apply?
- Secondary school teachers with a master's degree in another field who seek to become qualified to teach postsecondary courses in history
- Those with a master's degree in another field who seek to teach undergraduate courses on an adjunct basis
- Legislative or other local, state, or federal government staffers and others interested in improving their knowledge of United States history
- Anyone with a personal or professional interest in American history
- As residential Weeklong Summer courses during the months of June and July at our Ashland, Ohio campus
- As live online webconference courses offered on various schedules throughout the academic year.