Saturday Webinar: How Did the Progressives Differ from the Founders?
This episode in our “Enduring American Questions” Saturday Webinar series will air live on 7 November 2020, from 11am-12:15 EST. Our panelists will discuss the fundamental differences in the Founders’ and Progressives’ vision for the role, reach, and powers of government, and how each viewed the political process in light of those ideas. This is essential information for teachers of American History and Government.
- Declaration of Independence – use combined PDF below
- Letter to James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, 28 OCT 1785 – use combined PDF below
- Federalist 51, 6 FEB 1788
- Letter to Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, 4 FEB 1789
- Letter to Samuel Kercheval, Thomas Jefferson, 12 July 1816 – use combined PDF below
- Recent Tendencies, Charles Merriam, 1903
- New Nationalism Speech, Theodore Roosevelt, 31 AUG 1910
- What is Progress?, Woodrow Wilson, 1913
- Combined PDF reader
- Dr. Chris Burkett, Ashland University
- Dr. Jason Jividen, Saint Vincent College
- Dr. David Tucker, Senior Fellow, Ashbrook Center