Documents in Detail
About the Series
Documents in Detail is TAH.org’s second webinar series, offering a close read and in-depth discussion of a single document in each episode. Scholars will discuss the ideas, historical context, purpose, speaker, audience, and use of language in each document, in order to help teachers gain a deeper understanding of one core document from American History.
Each 60-minute episode will consist of a collegial discussion between scholars, with questions taken from a live, online teacher audience. All sessions will be recorded and made available as archives via our YouTube channel, and through our podcast. Episodes air live at 7pm EST, typically on the third Wednesday of each month. As always, TAH.org’s webinars are free to all. Registration links are below.
After registering, we will send you login credentials immediately, and again one week and one day before the program airs live. You will also receive the link to the selected document with those Zoom credentials.
This year we will draw selections from 4 of our Core Documents Collections:
- Political Parties: Plunkitt of Tammany Hall
- Political Parties: The Progressive Party Platform of 1912
- American Foreign Policy to 1899: The Pacificus-Helvidius Debates
- American Foreign Policy to 1899: Henry Clay’s Market Speech
- American Foreign Policy to 1899: Against American Imperialism
- Lincoln Reader (in our bookstore late Fall 2022)
- 15 February & 22 March 2023
- The Judiciary
- 19 April & 17 May, 2023
Each month we will feature our moderator, Dr. John Moser of Ashland University, in discussion with two other members of our graduate faculty, one of whom will be the editor for the volume where that month’s document is found.