Core American Documents - Sign Up for Early Access to New Volumes!
TeachingAmericanHistory.org is excited to share another resource for American history, government, civics, and social studies teachers. While you may be familiar with our 50 Core American Documents book, we are launching a new 35-volume document collection.
Each Core American Documents volume will contain the following:
- Key documents on the period, theme, or institution, selected by an expert and reviewed by an editorial board
- An introduction highlighting key documents and themes
- A thematic table of contents, showing the connections between various documents
- Study questions for each document, as well as questions that refer to other documents in the collection
- Notes on each document to identify people, events, movements, or ideas to improve understanding of the document’s historical context.
When complete, the series will be comprehensive and authoritative, and will present America’s story in the words of those who wrote it – all united in their commitment to equality and liberty, yet so often divided by their different understandings of these most fundamental American ideas.
The documents are all about this – the still unfinished American experiment with self-government. In sum, our intent is that the documents and their supporting material provide unique access to the richness of the American story. We hope that you will find this resource to be intriguing and helpful for your classroom.